Your Move Kids
If you’re worried about your child’s health, this is the programme for you. We at Your Move are here to encourage lifelong changes to your families eating habits rather than short term diets. Helping families to overcome their barriers to weight loss and make sensible food choices and become more active.
Who is Your Move Kids for?
This free 12 week programme can be accessed by families with children aged between 4-13 who are looking for help and support with lifestyle changes. These programmes are delivered at various locations throughout Fylde and Wyre.
Venue: Carr Hill High School, Kirkham
Start Date: Monday 8th May 2017
Venue: Thornton YMCA, Victoria Road East, FY5 3SX
Start Date: Wednesday 10th May 2017
Venue: Tommy’s, Lofthouse Building, London Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6JL
Start Date: Tuesday 9th May 2017
What’s involved then?
- Weekly games and activities for the kids.
- Free goodie bag for every child.
- Supermarket tours – make healthy shopping easier.
- Food tasting sessions.
- Recipe ideas for hassle free everyday cooking.
- Learn to read food labels the fun way.
- Fun, interactive discussions teaching parents easy and effective ways to improve their child’s health and confidence.
- Practical demonstrations about healthy foods, food labelling and portion sizes.
We also have a Teens Programme too
Your Move Teens
Your Move Teens is designed to support teenagers to manage their weight whilst encouraging them to make healthier choices. Being a teenager is really tough, having to deal with school, teachers, parents, social media and peers (to name a few) – this is why we are here to help!
Who is Your Move Teens for?
This free 12 week programme is designed specifically for young people aged between 14 and 18. You will attend 1-1 sessions with a qualified Your Move team member who will support you, giving you tips on how to eat healthier and become more active. Don’t worry, it’s not like being at school or college. If you just want a chat and to get away from it all for a few hours then we are here to help!
What’s involved then?
- You get time away from your parents.
- You can try new activities.
- Learn about healthy eating and exercise.
- Feel better about yourself.