Your Move are currently offering two free Walking Netball Sessions which are designed to get anyone and everyone active.
You can download a complete timetable for our Community Sessions here.
The Your Move Walking Netball has been a fantastic free community session which has helped dozens of ladies get back into netball.
WHAT IS WALKING NETBALL?
Walking Netball is a ball sport played between two teams of seven players and derived from Netball.
Games are played with raised rings at each end and each team attempts to score goals by passing a ball down the court and shooting it through the ring. Players are assigned specific positions, which define their roles within the team and restrict their movement to certain areas of the court.
However, the most important rule is that no one is allowed to run! You have to move around the court at a walking pace.
WHY IS WALKING NETBALL GOOD FOR ME?
- Walking Netball provides a great aerobic workout every time you play
- Increased confidence and enjoyment
- Teamwork skills that are transferable to other areas of your working and social life
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You can always join a netball club, it will depend on the membership and training fees you are asked to pay.
But with Your Move our Walking Netball sessions are completely free.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
- Shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms (no need to dig out your old school kit!)
- A ball (we’ll bring that)
- Netball court (Fylde Coast YMCA have got us covered on this one)
You can download a complete timetable for our Community Sessions here
To find out about our other FREE Community Sessions click the images below or scroll down.