Moving forward Programme
The Moving Forward Programme is run by our level 4 exercise specialist who will help you find the most effective way of improving your health and wellbeing before, during and after your cancer treatment.
The free programme runs for 12 weeks and you’ll be working with our expert instructor to get you back feeling healthier and happier.
Benefits of becoming more active before, during and after cancer treatment:
- Reduces tiredness
- Relieves pain and improves flexibility
- Improves mood and quality of life
- Improves bone health and reduces risk of osteoporosis
- Helps to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Improves general fitness
- Reduces the risk of cancer recurrence and the risk of developing their long term conditions, e.g diabetes.
What should I do next?
If you are currently receiving treatment for cancer, speak to your Cancer Nurse Specialaist (CNS), GP or Health Professional supporting you and ask them to complete a ‘Moving Forward’ referral form to refer you on to the programme. Alternatively, you can self-refer yourself in to the programme if you have had cancer treatment in the last 5 years. Once we have received your referral form we will contact you to book you on to the programme.