WHAT IS WALKING FOOTBALL?
Walking Football is a ball sport played between two teams of 5-8 players and derived from the beautiful game we all know.
Games are played with nets at each end and each team attempts to score goals by scoring. Players are assigned specific positions, which define their roles within the team.
However, the most important rule is that no one is allowed to run! You have to move around the pitch at a walking pace.
WHY IS WALKING FOOTBALL GOOD FOR ME?
- Walking Football provides a great aerobic workout every time you play
- Increased confidence and enjoyment
- Teamwork skills that are transferable to other areas of your working and social life
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
With Your Move, Walking Football session is completely free.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
- Shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms (no need to dig out your old school kit!)
- A ball (we’ll bring that)
- Sports hall or 3G pitch (Fylde Coast YMCA have got us covered on this one)
Our Community sessions Walking Football is for both men and women and if you’d like more information regarding our Walking Football, give us a call on 01253 882105.